Fashion has become a part of our everyday life and the clothing industry has been booming ever since. Below are some of the popular brands;
1. Calvin Klein – was founded in the year 1968 and the first collection was for youthful coats and dresses which were being sold at the New York City store and since then it has been growing and even appearing in Vogue and other high end fashion magazines.
2. Nike – its an american corporation which designs and also manufactures accessories, shoes and clothing. It was founded in 1964 by an athlete called Philip Knight and Bill Bowerman who was his coach. Bowerman was the one one who made the first pair of shoes and from then on, Nike reinvented itself and has never looked back.
3. H & M – H & M or Hennes & Mauritz is a Swedish company that deals with clothing for all ages. It is the second best clothing line behind Inditex. It was founded in the year 1947 with its first shop in Vasteras. It has now grown and already has an online presence and shops in 32 countries.
4. Puma – Puma is a German company which produces athletic footwear and also sportswear. It was formed in 1924 by brothers, Adolf and Rudolf Dassler. Their relationship took a turn for the worst and in 1948, they eventually agreed to split up and formed two separate companies, Puma and Adidas. They are both based in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
5. Channel – it deals in accessories, watches, jewelry and fragrance. It was formed by Coco Chanel but owned privately by Gerard Wertheimer and Alain. It has become one of the most expensive brands in the world.
6. American Apparel – its a famous fashion house that deals with clothing for women, men and children. It has established itself as a youthful brand. It was founded in 1989 by Dov Charney who had a fascination for american culture and later started to experiment with importation and also other apparel businesses.